Purpose: Management and provision of services requested
Legitimisation: Contractual obligation, legitimate interest and consent
User Rights: The right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, object to processing of data and data portability
Address: Travessera de Gràcia, 274, 08025
Telephone: +34 699 60 16 43
As a data controller, OPPORTUMEETY is committed to safeguarding the privacy of the data in our website (Site) of our users (i.e. attendees, members and community and event managers) and visitors who interact with us.
This privacy notice applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of individuals; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Our Site incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can limit the collection, sharing and publication of your personal data and specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications.
- Collection of personal data
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Registration data: The information provided by users when they create an account on our Site: full name, e-mail address and password.
- Registration Information may be visible to other users who view your profile page.
- Contact information: The information provided by users for OPPORTUMEETY to get in touch: name, email address and telephone number.
- If you contact our Customer Support team via email@example.com, we will receive your email address and may track your IP address and the information you send to us to help resolve your query.
- We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints that we receive from you about other users (and from other users about you) for 1 year after deletion of your account.
- User Profile Information: The information added by users in their profiles to enhance their user experience of our service. Users can view and edit the personal data on their profile whenever they wish. The primary account data collected are: name, place of residence, languages, personal interests, professional information and interests, skills, date of birth, hobbies, values, communities and events, SGD goals and photographs.
- Payment information: OPPORTUMEETY does not store users’ credit card details, but these are provided directly to Community and event managers and/or to licensed electronic payment service providers for the following purposes:
- Community and event managers: Payment for event registration and event related purposes
- Licensed electronic payment service providers: When users sign up for OPPORTUMEETY’s premium service
- Communication data: We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or that we send to you. The communication data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication.
- Usage data: We may process data about your use of our Site. The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system, Google AdWords.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your account details are kept up to date.
You may update your account, including privacy and permissions settings, at any time by accessing the Service and changing your profile settings. You may unsubscribe from any email communications or promotions that are not Service-related (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices are all Service-related).
Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit our website or when you use our Site, we may collect personal data from you automatically by using cookies or similar technologies. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device or browser that allows us to recognise and remember you.
- Use of Personal Data
Our main goal is to ensure your experience on OPPORTUMEETY is enjoyable, meaningful and allows you to meet like-minded people to create a long-term relationship with a common purpose.
To deliver an enjoyable experience to you, we may use your registration and other data to:
- offer you our services and features;
- create community and events for you to invite other members and attendees;
- contact you with information about the Site (e.g., updates and new features);
- personalise the Site and the content we deliver to you;
- conduct research and analytics about how you use and interact with the Site;
- troubleshoot problems and conduct maintenance in our Site
- investigate fraud, resolve disputes, protect our legal rights and to enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- investigate fraud, protect our legal rights, and to enforce our Terms & Conditions
- to send you information about the promotions and initiatives we have available – if you’ve signed up for our newsletters or otherwise provided us your consent to receive these information – you can withdraw this consent at any time by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each message); and
- protect our users and third parties from harm.
Lawful basis of data processing
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
a) Contractual obligation: Processing is permitted if it is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract with the data subject or in order to take steps at his or her request prior to the entry into a contract.
b) Legitimate interest: Processing is permitted if it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller (or by a third party), except where the controller’s interests are overridden by the interests, fundamental rights or freedoms of the affected data subjects which require protection, particularly where the data subject is a child.You have a right to object to our use of your data by contacting admin@OPPORTUMEETY.com.
c) Consent: Individuals have given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes. Users can remove their consent at any time by contacting admin@OPPORTUMEETY.com.
The table below informs you the purposes and the lawful basis for which OPPORTUMEETY will use your data.
3. Disclosure of information
Your personal data held in our Site will be stored on the servers and maintained internally by us.
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us (“Service Providers”). The suppliers with which we share User personal data vary depending on a variety of factors, such as which of our Site and services a User engages with. For example, to provide our services to Users, we typically use the following suppliers:
- Product improvement and market research – we use third party platforms (such as Google Analytics) to carry out customer surveys and market research to improve our products and services.
- IT services – software development, hosting and maintenance of platform and servers for our Site.
- Marketing services – feature enhancement, support and maintenance.
We carry out due diligence on all Service Providers we engage to ensure they have adequate data protection and information security measures in place and only provide them with the personal data necessary to the service they are providing. Measures are taken to ensure that the data shared is non-attributable to the greatest extent possible and our suppliers are also subject to extensive obligations under our contractual arrangements, including strict data retention limits.
In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- Retention and disposal of personal data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Your personal data is kept as long as activities linked to the above-mentioned purposes are necessary (i.e. maintaining your profile, connecting you with like-minded users, sending you notifications of upcoming and new events, and replying to emails in case you contact OPPORTUMEETY).
You may permanently delete your Account at any time.
When your Account is deactivated, we take reasonable efforts to make sure it is no longer viewable on the Site. For up to 30 days, it is still possible to restore your Account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. After 30 days, we begin the process of deleting your personal information from our systems, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, if you make purchases within the Site, some personal data may need to be kept for accounting purposes);
- we must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing Users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account.
To prevent abuse and/or misuse of OPPORTUMEETY by a User following termination or deletion of a profile/Account we shall retain such information as we deem in our sole discretion may be necessary to ensure that User does not open a new Account and profile in breach of our Terms and Conditions of Use and to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
Note that even after you remove information from your profile or delete your Account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by others. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information, they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
- Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
Please contact us at admin@OPPORTUMEETY.com if you wish to make a request.
- How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at admin@OPPORTUMEETY.com.
You can also complain to the AEPD if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The AEPD’s details:
Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (“AEPD”)
Address: C/Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid, Spain
Telephone: +34 901 100 099/ +34 91 266 35 17
- Changes to the Policy